A migraine is a severe form of headache that causes immense pain and discomfort. It is supposed to be caused due to an imbalance in the neurological system and is more common in women than in men.
Those who suffer from migraines know that these headaches are very difficult to treat. Fortunately, help is at hand in the form of aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is a wonderful technique to cure migraines with great effectiveness. Aromatherapy makes use of soft plant tissues in the form of essential oils and distillates to cure a wide variety of ailments.
Essential Oils For Migraine Treatment
Some of the aromatherapy essential oils that can be used in the treatment of migraines are:
- Lavender essential oil is best known for its ability cure migraines. It provides a calming effect to the body and mind, thereby relieving you of the symptoms of a migraine.
- Another essential oil that is highly recommended to cure migraines is rosemary essential oil. Rosemary essential oil is derived from a perennial herb that soothes your nerves and muscles, thereby relieving you of migraines.
- Peppermint essential oil is anti microbial in action and its essence lies in its ability to relax the nerves by lending a cooling effect to them. As such, peppermint essential oil is also recommended to cure migraines.
- Other essential oils that are supposedly instrumental in curing migraine are eucalyptus and basil essential oils. You can prepare a blend of these oils along with a carrier oil and massage it on your forehead or you may also inhale the infusion of the respective essential oil blend in order to alleviate migraine headaches.
Here are a few tips for you to use the essential oil effectively and safely to treat migraines:
- You must first test the essential oils on your skin so as to know which essential oil suits you. Different individuals are receptive to different scents and as such, it is recommended to test the essential oils before you employ them for the treatment of migraines.
- You should never apply an essential oil directly on your skin without blending it with a carrier oil like jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil. This is because essential oils are highly concentrated and need to be diluted so as to avert the harmful effects of these concentrated liquids.
- You should blend the essential oil and carrier oils with some Epsom salt for better results.
You are also recommended to consult an aromatherapy specialist before you start a treatment for migraines using essential oils in order to get the best rewards from essenti