Aromatherapy is a natural medicinal technique which involves the use of concentrated plant extracts like essential oils, absolutes, distillates, phytoncides, carrier oils and infusions. Aromatherapy is used to cure a variety of diseases and afflictions including cuts and bruises, because it has a long term effect with a lower rate of side effects. In fact, if used with caution, deployment of aromatherapy can be absolutely free of side effects.
Cuts and bruises are rampant in human beings on account of careless physical activity. The human body has a natural mechanism to cure cuts and bruises; this is referred to as clotting. However, clotting occurs by joint functioning of thirteen factors in the body. As such, deficiency in any of these factors may lead to reduction in the pace of clotting, resulting in blood loss and infections.
Essential Oils For Bruises Treatment
Aromatherapy may help ameliorate the pace of the blood clotting process, and is hence recommended to be used to cure the affliction.
The specifics in deployment of aromatherapy to cure cuts and bruises are listed below:
- One of the essential oils which is highly effective in ameliorating the pace of the blood clotting process is the helichrysum essential oil, also referred to as “Everlasting” or “Immortele”. The Essential oil of the Helichrysum plant belonging to the genus italicum is particularly recommended for the treatment of cuts and bruises on account of its anti-inflammatory property.
- You may also employ a mixture of chamomile essential oil and marjoram essential oil mixed in equal proportions to treat cuts and bruises.
- Lavender essential oil also plays a significant role in enhancing the pace of blood clotting. Also, lavender essential oil increases your resistance to infections and sepsis. As such, the use of lavender essential oil to relieve bruises is highly recommended.
- Clove essential oil can be used to alleviate the pain caused by cuts and bruises.
- It is also recommended to use germanium essential oil to quicken the process of blood clotting.
- Some other essential oils that may be used to cure bruises and cuts are yarrow and camphor essential oils.
There are various ways to use essential oils to treat cuts and bruises. You can either use compresses or you can mix the essential oils with base oils or carrier oils. However, you should keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated and must be diluted before use. Essential oils, if used in the concentrated form, may result in horrendous consequences on your skin and physiological systems.