Scientifically called candidiasis, thrush is a fungal infection caused by Candida albicans. Thrush can range from superficial infections to systemic or life-threatening diseases. Thrush infects organs with mucus membranes. These include the esophagus, liver, urinary bladder and genitalia, including the vagina and the penis.
The primary cause of candidiasis is a fungal infection, which in turn, is because of a weak immune system. The most prominent thrush symptoms include redness, inflammation, itching and immense discomfort. Fortunately, thrush is an affliction that is curable quite easily.
Home Remedies For Thrush
Some effective thrush remedies are:
- You can apply coconut oil on the area of the fungal attack to treat baby thrush as well as thrush in adults.
- You can also apply a paste of plantain seeds on the infected area to relieve discomfort and cure thrush.
- Apply curd on the fungal infested area. This will ease discomfort immediately, and help to cure thrush.
- The paste of black walnut serves as an antifungal drug, and is effective against the fungi that cause candidiasis.
- Eat two cloves of garlic every day, as this helps to detoxify your body, relieving you of microbial infestation including a fungal attack.
- You can also apply the extract of grapefruit seed to relieve thrush.
- Application of Oregon grape root extract is also an effective remedy for thrush.
Other than these home remedies, you can deploy other methods to treat thrush. One of the most effective treatments for thrush is the use of aromatherapy. Some essential oils to relieve thrush are:
- Lavender essential oil is known for its anti-inflammatory action. You can apply lavender oil on fungal infected area to relieve redness and swelling caused as a result of thrush.
- Tea tree oil is known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial action. It fights fungal infections, the cause of thrush, thereby relieving its symptoms.
- Melaleuca oil is very effective against all kinds of fungal infections including candidiasis or thrush.
- Clove oil is also known to be effective against thrush.
- Oregano oil is immensely beneficial against thrush causing fungal infections.
- Other essential oils that can be used to cure thrush include rose essential oil, bergamot essential oil and chamomile essential oil.
It is recommended to consult your aromatherapy specialist before you deploy essential oils to cure thrush. Also, you must dilute the essential oils with carrier oils like olive or jojoba oil. This is because essential oils are highly concentrated and their usage without dilution can cause adverse effects.