Botanically called Foeniculum vulgare, fennel is a plant which is extensively used for medical purposes. Fennel is widely known as a culinary herb on account of its medicinal properties. Fennel is medically used in the form of oil. Fennel oil is carminative, anti spasmodic, diuretic, expectorant, laxative, splenic, analgesic, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-depressant in nature.
Health Benefits Of Fennel Oil
Some of the medicinal uses of fennel oil are listed below:
- Fennel oil is widely used to cure various digestive disorders like stomach cramps, stomach ulcers, indigestion, and heartburn on account of its antispasmodic properties. Fennel oil also boosts the rate of metabolism. You are recommended to either apply fennel oil on your belly, or you may also make tea from fennel seeds to serve the purpose.
- Fennel oil is also used as an effective remedy to relieve cough and cold by helping expel mucus accumulations from the throat and bronchi. As such, fennel oil serves to relieve chest congestion and sinus.
- Fennel oil also serves to relieve menopause and premenopausal symptoms. You may use fennel oil to relieve pain in the lower abdomen during menopause, and other symptoms associated with this state, like nausea, vomiting, giddiness, and fatigue.
- Fennel oil may be diluted and used as a soothing eyewash.
- Fennel is used as an effective insect repellant on account of its pungent smell.
- Fennel is also used in a lot of culinary preparations, not only for flavor, but also for digestive relief as well.
- As mentioned earlier, fennel oil relieves indigestion and speeds up the pace of metabolism. As a result, fennel oil helps in reducing weight and thereby relieves obesity.
- Fennel oil is also recommended to be used as an effective remedy to cure rheumatoid arthritis.
Fennel oil may be used in different forms to relieve various afflictions. Some of the commonly used and most popular ways to use fennel oil are listed below:
- You can use fennel oil in the form of tea. Add fennel oil or seeds in black tea and let it boil for a while so that the extract or tea is effective enough to cure various diseases. Fennel tea is generally used to cure digestive disorders.
- Fennel oil may also be used in the form of an infusion. You can boil fennel oil in water and inhale the vapors to relieve cough, bronchitis, and even rheumatoid arthritis.
Fennel oil is also widely used in aromatherapy. The medicinal properties of this oil are utilized in a number of aromatherapy products as is its spicy smell, which is said to impart strength and