Aromatherapy is a technique using concentrated and volatile plant extracts to relieve various ailments and afflictions of the body. Some of the components which are commonly used as a part of aromatherapy are essential oils, absolutes, infusions, carrier oils, phytoncides, and herbal distillates.
Essential Oils To Relieve Various Digestion Problems
Aromatherapy is used to cure a variety of health problems, including digestive disorders. Some of the specifics in the usage of aromatherapy to cure afflictions of the digestive system are listed below:
- One of most effective remedies to cure digestive disorders using aromatherapy is to use peppermint essential oil. Peppermint essential oil is anti inflammatory in action, and may be employed to relive stomach ulcers, flatulence, and heartburn.
- You are recommended to employ fennel or anise oil to relive digestive disorders like gas pain, stomach cramps, nausea, and also bloating. Fennel essential oil is also referred to as tonic for stomach, and is anti spasmodic in action.
- Digestive disorders also involve the infection of the stomach with microbes. For this, you are recommended to use cinnamon oil to relieve stomach infection as cinnamon essential oil is anti microbial in action. Cinnamon essential oil also boosts metabolism and helps in loss of excessive weight, thereby helping to relieve other digestive disorders.
- Another essential oil that is highly effective in curing digestive ailments like indigestion and gas is ginger extract. You may apply the extract of ginger around your navel, massaging it for a while to relieve several digestive problems.
- You are also recommended to use a blend of orange essential oil, chamomile essential oil, and peppermint essential oil to relieve digestive disorders.
However, while using aromatherapy to relieve digestive disorders, there are several important precautions that must be kept in mind. Some such points are listed below:
- Essential oils are generally highly concentrated and are not meant for internal use. However, peppermint essential oil is the most palatable of all the essential oils, and you may intake a drop or two of it, to quickly relive digestive disorders.
- Generally, essential oils are applied on, and massaged on and around the belly and navel to relieve digestive ailments. This is because of the concentrated nature of these vital components of aromatherapy.
- If you have recurrent digestive problems, then the external application of essential oils will not help. You are recommended to take essential oils as capsules in such cases.
Despite the fact that aromatherapy is highly effective with minimal side effects, it is recommended to consult an aromatherapy specialist for proper guidance.