Warts are small and rough blister like protuberances on the skin. They may be caused due to viral infection by the human pappilomavirus (HPV). Warts can occur anywhere on the body, but are more common on the hands and legs. Other than the common warts, there are various kinds of warts which include flat warts, filiform or digitate warts, mosaic warts, genital warts, plantar warts, and periungual warts.
Warts generally disappear in a few months, but it may sometimes take years for the warts to vanish. Although warts are the result of viral infections, they are generally harmless to your body. However, they can cause embarrassment on account of their unpleasant appearance and can spread to other parts of the body in a short span of time. As such, you must attempt to treat or remove warts as soon as they appear.
There are various techniques and methods of wart removal, one of the ways being the deployment of essential oils to remove warts. Some of the essential oils that can be used to cure or remove warts are as follows:
- Tea tree essential oil is known for its anti-microbial properties and as such, it is effective in removing warts. You can apply undiluted tea tree essential oil with a cotton swab on the wart, at least three times a day.
- Lemon essential oil is also instrumental in curing or helping remove warts. You can apply it directly on your skin to quickly relieve warts.
- Rosemary essential oil can also be used to remove warts. You can use a blend of rosemary and clove essential oil to get rid of warts.
Other than the usage of aromatherapy essential oils to remove warts, you can use several other home remedies to get rid of warts, some of which are listed below:
- Rub some raw potato over the warts to remove them you’re your body.
- Apply lukewarm castor oil to dissolve and remove warts.
- Raw garlic is also known for its anti-viral properties. You can prepare a poultice of garlic and apply on warts for quick removal.
- You can also apply calendula extract on warts to remove them. Alternatively, you can prepare a strong tea using the calendula herb and consume it everyday to hasten the process of dissolution of warts.
- Banana peels are also effective against warts. You can rub banana peels on warts to remove them.
- Also, if the warts persist, you can consult your doctor or dermatologist for chemotherapeutic treatments.