Cassia essential oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation from the leaves, twigs, and bark of cinnamon. Its botanical name is cinnamomum cassia. Cassia essential oil has a strong and warm aroma, and it is also known as cinnamon cassia oil. Some of the uses and benefits of cassia essential oil are as follows.
- Cassia essential oil is excellent for people suffering from diarrhea. It is widely used to cure diarrhea and other disorders of the digestive system. It curbs the growth of microorganisms in the intestines and helps prevent dysentery and diarrhea.
- Cassia essential oil is also well-known as an antidepressant. If you feel low because of emotional stress or mental strain, pour two drops of cassia oil in a mug of boiling water and inhale the vapors slowly. This will help feel cheerful, active, and alert; it will also elevate your mood and ease any kind of mental stress. However, you need to be very careful when inhaling the vapors as this oil is very strong and may cause irritation in the nostrils. Hence, it is better to use this remedy under the supervision of a qualified health care provider.
- Cassia oil vapor therapy is also very beneficial for headaches and nausea. It helps ease any kind of headache caused by stress and also alleviates the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- Cassia essential oil also has great astringent properties. If you happen to suffer from any problems related to your gums, such as bleeding gums, you should gargle with two drop of cassia oil in warm water. This would help strengthen your teeth and tighten the gums.
- Usually, this oil is not used in aroma therapy as it may cause irritation to your skin. However, since it has excellent anti rheumatic properties, some aroma therapists use it for treatment of arthritis pain by mixing a very small quantity in some carrier oil such as lavender essential oil or olive oil. Cassia oil also helps in stimulating blood circulation.
- Cassia essential oil is very beneficial in curing menstrual cramps and regulating menstrual flow.
- Cassia oil is also very good in winters. If you are feeling extremely cold, simply rub your palms together with diluted cassia essential oil. You can also consume some oil to warm yourself up. For this, add two drops of oil in one glass of warm water and sip on it slowly. This will make you feel warm immediately.
While there are great benefits of using cassia oil, the oil is extremely strong. Hence, before using this essential oil, you must consult your doctor and a professional aroma therapist.