Scientifically called Tinea Pedis, Athlete’s foot is a skin condition which is caused by fungal infection. Fungus of the genus Trichophyton causes the infection, which usually afflicts the bottom of the feet and hence, it is called athlete’s foot. Athlete’s foot can also affect other parts of the body including the groin. It is rapidly transmitted in moist areas where people walk bare feet such as showering areas. The fungus can infect people of all genders and ages, but it is more predominant in men who wear airtight shoes that provide a moist, dark, and hot environment for the fungus to grow.
Some of the athlete’s foot symptoms are scaling, itchiness and flaking of skin. It may also cause blisters and cracking of skin. There are various remedies for athlete’s foot treatment, some of which are given below:
- An effective athlete’s foot remedy is to apply baking soda on the infested area. You can either sprinkle the powder on your feet or prepare a paste in water to relieve athlete’s foot.
- Another useful athlete’s foot remedy is soaking your feet in lukewarm brine solution. It treats athlete’s foot by disinfecting the feet and thereby relieving the affliction.
- An effective athlete’s foot remedy is the application of tea tree essential oil. Tea tree oil is a potent antiseptic and is antifungal in action and as such, it is one of the most effective athlete’s foot cures.
- If you are looking for an herbal remedy then you can use the herb Sosa. This herb is a native of Mexico and is an effective athlete’s foot remedy.
- You can also use white vinegar to wipe and clean your feet and prevent the fungal infection.
Other than these remedies, there are various preventive measures to avert athlete’s foot. First and foremost you must maintain proper hygiene, especially of your feet. You must not wear shoes which do not allow your feet to breathe. Also, you should clean your feet after wearing shoes for a while to clean the germs accumulated by sweating. Try to keep your feet dry. Avoid walking barefoot in public places where the infection is most likely to spread.
You should avoid eating fermented foods which are rich in yeast, a kind of fungi. Also, you must avoid excessive intake of alcohol, sugar, grains and carbonated drinks. You must avoid oily and fatty foods and eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Do consult a dermatologist if the condition lasts for more than two weeks.
Cosmetic Dentistry And Surgery In Poland : We are a polish based medical travel agent and facilitator in Gdansk, Poland. We offer you a range of medical treatments like cosmetic dentistry, plastic surgery, obesity surgery and general surgery in modern clinics or private hospitals.