What is seborrhea: Seborrhea is an affliction of the skin and is also referred to as seborrhea dermatitis. Seborrhea causes lack of moisture and sebum on the scalp, thereby making it extremely dry and prone to dandruff. As such, seborrhea may be referred to as a precondition for dandruff.
Seborrhea dermatitis causes: Some of the common causes of seborrhea include:
- Malfunctioning of the immune system is one of the prime causes of seborrhea.
- Environmental factors like extreme whether conditions and pollution also cause seborrhea and dandruff.
- Other causes of seborrhea could be skin afflictions like eczema.
Aromatherapy for seborrhea: There are various home remedies to cure seborrhea. One of the highly recommended remedies for seborrhea treatment is aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is a medicinal technique that makes use of plant extracts like distillates and essential oils to cure various afflictions.
The specifics of aromatherapy to cure seborrhea or dandruff are as follows:
- You are recommended to use tea tree oil to relieve seborrhea. Tea tree oil will help moisturize your scalp, thereby relieving seborrhea and dandruff. Also, tea tree essential oil is anti microbial in action, thereby relieving you of skin afflictions like eczema, ultimately curing seborrhea.
- Cedarwood essential oil is also instrumental in curing skin afflictions like seborrhea. You may mix a few drops of cedarwood oil in bathing water and use it to wash your scalp to relieve dandruff and seborrhea.
- You can also use a proportionate blend of several essential oils like patchouli essential oil, oregano essential oil, geranium essential oil and juniper essential oil to treat seborrhea.
Other essential oils that are effective against dandruff are niaouli essential oil, rosemary essential oil, pine essential oil and spruce essential oil.
Aromatherapy is recommended in the treatment of seborrhea as it is highly effective with few or no serious repercussions. However, you must ensure that you dilute the essential oils before applying them on your scalp. These essential oils are highly concentrated and may irritate the skin if applied in their undiluted form.
Home remedies for seborrhea: Other than these essential oils, you can follow many other home remedies to treat seborrhea. Let us take a look at some of them:
- You can heat a blend of castor oil and olive oil, and apply it on your scalp. This will help moisturize your scalp and relieve seborrhea.
- Add a few drops of lemon to your bath water to relieve seborrhea and dandruff.
- You can also apply yogurt on your scalp to relieve seborrhea and dandruff. Yogurt also acts as a conditioner for your hair.