Clove oil is a very powerful and useful essential oil. It has a very pleasant but strong smell. It has excellent antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, analgesic and stress relieving properties. It is therefore used for various health care and medicinal purposes including aromatherapy.
Medicinal Properties Of Clove Oil
You can use clove oil for the treatment of several ailments as well as for nutrition purposes as listed below:
- You can add clove oil to your diet as a wonderful health nutrient by mixing ten drops of clove oil in half a glass of warm water. It also refreshes the mind, removes mental fatigue and stress, and results in good sleep; hence it is used to treat insomnia as well.
- Ingesting it also helps in curing bronchitis, asthma and any other respiratory disorder. It also helps in purifying the blood.
- Due to its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties, clove oil is widely used in the treatment of toothaches. Diluted clove oil is applied on the affected areas of the teeth and gums. It gives you immediate relief from the nasty pain that is characteristic of tooth aches and gum sores. It is therefore used to make gum paints and medicated toothpastes as an active ingredient.
- Clove oil can be used for improving blood circulation. Mix a few drops of oil with sesame oil. Massage gently all over your body till the oil vanishes.
- It is an excellent pain reliever as well. If you happen to suffer from joint pains, mix a few drops of clove oil with some other essential oils like sesame oil, rosemary oil or lavender essential oil, and massage it on the affected area. It will prove to be highly effective in relieving the pain.
- Gargling with a few drops of clove oil added to some lukewarm water can also help soothe and heal a sore throat. It also helps in getting rid of bad breath. Due to this property of clove oil, it is used in the making of mouthwash products.
- Due to its antifungal, antibacterial and stress relieving properties with its specific pleasant aroma, clove oil is added to some bathing soaps.
- Clove oil is also used in making perfumes and cosmetic products like body lotions and antiseptic beauty creams.
- These are some of the many uses of clove oil. You should be careful when using this oil as it is very strong; it should be diluted before use. Do consult your health care provider before using it as a treatment for any medical condition.