Everyone wants healthy and radiant looking skin. Some people are naturally blessed with good skin. However, for the rest of us, obtaining and retaining such a skin texture is not easy. You really have to care for your skin if you want a glowing and radiant complexion.
There are different skin types, including oily, dry and normal skin. Oily skin is prone to a number of microbial infections on account of the excessive secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands under the skin. Oil provides an appropriate medium for the growth of microbes on skin, causing skin problems like acne and pimples.
Aromatherapy is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of oily skin because it controls the secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands. Aromatherapy is a medicinal technique that employs concentrated plant extracts like essential oils, distillates, and hydrates to relieve various ailments and diseases. Aromatherapy is an excellent option to control oil secretion as this therapy has minimal side-effects and its beneficial effects are quite lasting.
Some of the essential oils that can be used to get rid of excessive oil from the skin are:
- Ylang Ylang essential oil helps in regulating the oil secretion of the sebaceous glands, thereby maintaining the sebum balance of the skin. Ylang Ylang essential oil is helpful in toning excessively oily skin.
- Tea tree essential oil is anti-microbial and antiseptic in action. It is extremely effective against acne and other microbial skin infections.
- Clary sage essential oil reduces oil secretions on the skin and also reduces skin inflammation, thereby controlling the spread of acne.
- Another effective essential oil to control excessive oil secretion on the skin is lavender essential oil. It is anti-microbial and regenerative in action.
- Sandalwood essential oil also controls the excessive secretion of oil on the skin, thereby relieving acne and pimples. It also soothes the skin from inflammations caused by microbial infections of the skin due to the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Geranium essential oil also regulates the oil balance of skin. It controls the level of oil, thereby reducing the susceptibility of skin to microbial infections.
- Cedarwood essential oil also helps treat acne and pimples by control the activity of sebaceous glands on the skin.
You must keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated and must be diluted with a carrier oil like olive oil before direct application on the skin. You should also consult an aromatherapy specialist before you use aromatherapy to control the excessive secretion of oils by the sebaceous glands on the skin.