Aromatherapy is the use of the aroma or fragrance of various aromatic plant sources to cure a variety of ailments. Aromatherapy is used to treat various problems including poor memory and concentration and even fatigue.
Fatigue is a state of being tired and enervated. It is generally caused by retaining a position or posture for a longer while. Also, fatigue may be caused by excessive physical activity.
You may employ aromatherapy to cure fatigue. As such, you first need to prepare a blend of essential oils. Here’s an easy method to prepare a simple blend of essential oils to treat fatigue:
- Firstly, you must choose a carrier oil based on your skin type.
- You may then measure approximately 25ml of the carrier oil and pour it in a brown glass bottle.
- Then choose an essential oil for the symptom. The best suited essential oil for fatigue would be rosemary essential oil.
- Use a dropper to put 3-4 drops of essential oil in the bottle containing the carrier oil.
- Close the lid of the bottle and shake it. Label the bottle with the name of the carrier oil and essential oil, and also the date of preparation of the essential oil blend.
Essential Oils for Fatigue Relief: Here are a few tips to effective employ aromatherapy for fatigue:
- You can use lemongrass essential oil to cure mental fatigue.
- Massage rosemary essential oil on your forehead to relieve the sense of being enervated.
- When you prepare a blend of essential oils, you must dilute the essential oil with the carrier oil to the extent of 1-2.5 percent.
- You may use Jojoba extract along with any of your creams and lotions.
- You should never use essential oils directly on the skin.
- Add wheat germ oil to the blend of essential oils so as to prong the shelf life of the extract.
- You must keep the essential oils away from heat on account of their inflammatory properties.
- In case you are already using homeopathic medication, there are certain essential oils that you must avoid, such as peppermint oil.
- You should not use rosemary essential oil if you are pregnant.
- If you are asthmatic, you must never inhale any essential oil as steam.
- You must always dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil that suits your skin type.
- It’s a good idea to consult an aromatherapy expert so as to get knowledge on the various kinds of carrier and essential oils to be used for various diseases and afflictions.