Extracted from the fruit rinds of lime or Citrus aurantifolia through the process of distillation or cold pressing, lime essential oil is pale yellow in color and is a non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing oil. It is known for its immense therapeutic benefits. Some of the lime essential oil benefits are listed as under:
- Lemon essential oil is antiseptic in action. It can be applied on wounds to prevent septic infections, thereby assisting in the healing of wounds.
- One of lime essential oil’s properties is its ability to prevent and treat viral diseases, attributed to its antiviral nature.
- Lemon essential oil is a potent astringent, and it helps tighten the skin pores and keep the skin clean and radiant. On account of this property, lemon essential oil helps relieve toothache and other gum problems.
- Lemon essential oil is also a wonderful aperitif, which means it may be used as an appetizer. You may just inhale the smell of it for a good and wholesome appetite.
- Lemon essential oil is also a bactericide,helping in the prevention and treatment of bacterial diseases like diarrhea, food poisoning, cholera, and typhoid. Also, lemon essential oil helps treat bacterial infections of the colon, intestine, and urinary tract.
- Lemon essential oil may also be used as a febrifuge to treat fever and its causes, including infections and allergy.
- Lemon essential oil is a potent hemostatic,thereby helping in the prevention of blood loss, either by speeding up the process of blood coagulation or constricting the blood vessels.
- Lemon essential oil can also be used to relieve the state of skeletal system, including diseases like arthritis.
- Lemon essential oil has a pleasant aroma, and it can be used an anti-depressant. It helps inculcate a feeling the well-being and relieves stress, tension, anxiety, and anger.
- Lemon essential oil is a tonic for the body and mind. It helps strengthens the immune system of the body, thereby preventing various conditions and restoring an overall healthy state of the body.
- Lemon essential oil also supplies anti-oxidants to your skin. It helps relieve the signs of ageing like fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles, giving a youthful appearance.
- On account of its anti-oxidant properties, lemon essential oil also serves as an anti-cancer agent, preventing the accumulation of free radicals in the body, which might initiate chain reactions, leading to cancer.
- Lemon essential oil may be used to tone the muscles.
You should, however, consult an aromatherapy specialist for advice on the safe usage of this essential oil and its benefits.