Massage candles are candles that are constituted of aromatherapy oil, mainly, oils which are used for massaging purposes. Aromatherapy is a technique that may be used to treat various psychological and physiological problems, making use of concentrated plant extracts including essential oils, carrier oils, absolutes, infusions, and phytoncides. Aromatherapy essential oils can be used directly for topical application and massaging or can be used as aromatherapy accessories like candles, soaps, and incense sticks.
Massage oil candles are the scented candles, constituted of herbal extracts or pure essential oils. These essential oil candles are not made of ordinary wax; rather they contain soy bean wax as the major ingredient. Massage candles burn without smoke and have a relaxing effect on the mind and body, imparting a sense of wellbeing and tranquility.
Some of the uses of massage candles are listed as under:
- One of the major uses of aromatherapy candles is to augment your mood and make you feel elated. You may light the candles to saturate the ambience with the fragrance, and then feel the effect of these candles on your state of health.
- You can use aromatherapy candles to create a serene and pleasant ambience while bathing. A bath with hot water with the pleasant fragrance of the aromatherapy candles can work wonders for you, also enhancing your memory and concentration, and, in turn, your productivity.
- Aromatherapy candles can also be used to decorate your home or office. Massage candles are available in different colors and shapes and can really enhance the interiors.
- Aromatherapy candles are sedative in action, and if you are suffering from insomnia, these candles might serve as elixir. Aromatherapy with chamomile and lavender oils are known for their sleep inducing property.
- Aromatherapy candles may also be used in an aromatherapy massage. The scent of the aromatherapy candles coupled with warm massage oil soothes the body and mind, averting a number of ailments.
While aromatherapy candles have numerous uses, you must be cautious while buying these candles. When buying the massage oil candles, you must be selective to pick the candles with the aroma that might please you the most. When you light the candle, you must ensure that it burns evenly, which would otherwise cause accumulation of essential oil in the center of the candle, shortening its lifecycle. Also, you must never leave the candle unattended to avoid incidences of fire. You may seek the help of an aromatherapy professional who can help you select the candles that would best serve your purpose.